Happy Thanksgiving Break y’all! I am writing from sunny San Diego where I’m celebrating Thanksgiving with my family. For this post, I’m linking up with The Speech Space to share 5 little known things about me. So let’s dive in […]
1. I have a background in theater. I actually got my bachelor’s degree in theater. I went to the University of California, San Diego, which is one of the top three theater schools in the country. I did a little acting and really enjoyed it, but I was actually a pretty good stage manager…probably because I’m so organized. While I did not pursue theater as a profession, I still love going to shows and try to attend performances when I can.
2. I jumped out of the first plane I ever flew on. Yes. I have been skydiving. Growing up, I didn’t travel far from home, so I had never been on an airplane. But when I turned 18 I went skydiving. It was fantastic…but it was also my very first plane ride ever. I think I was so in awe of being up that high in the sky that I didn’t really think the whole jumping thing through. But I loved it. Such a thrill. And for a while I could tell people that I had been in a plane, but never landed in one!
3. I’m a complete Disney fanatic. It’s true. I love all things Disney. Disneyland, Disney World, Disney cruises, shows, merchandise, songs, you name it. If it’s Disney, I will love it. I think my daughter is a little embarrassed by me, which is sad because she’s only 8! But I am a forever Disney fan, no matter how old I get.
4. I teach Sunday School at my church. I have the 1st and 2nd graders and we have such a good time together. I just love teaching Bible stories to the little guys.
5. I moved halfway across the country for love. Call me crazy, but I did it and am glad I did. I met my husband in San Diego when he was just out of the Navy. He was from Texas and moved back after we started dating. I was young and in love and just up and moved. But we’re going strong and will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary in January.
So there you have it. Now that you know a little more about me, head over to The Speech Space and see what others are sharing about themselves. Thanks for stopping by!